2013. október 29., kedd

Funerals


 FUNERALS:



When a loved one dies, most of us are grieving so much that it’s hard to do anything else. Yet in almost all cultures, family and friends expect the opportunity to say goodbye, either with a memorial service, traditional funeral, or even to scatter someone’s ashes. There are many ways to honour a person who has passed away.

Although it may feel like a sombre time, a lot of people hope their own funerals will be celebratory. Sometimes the person who has died has already asked friends and family to do something fun or moving in honour of the way they experienced life. It feels important to do our best to fulfil these wishes.

Find the synonyms/definitions for the underlined words:
1.    achieve, bring about, make happen
2.    arousing or touching the emotions                        
3.    crying, mourning
4.    dark, gloomy
5.    died
6.    it will be celebrated
7.    make the remains of a body spread in the wind
8.    tribute


Find out what’s happening in Marni’s family as she and Devan talk about funerals:

Marni:  I just got a notice in the mail that an old aunt died and I have to ______________ her funeral.
Devan:  Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry.
Marni:  It’s OK. She was 98, so she lived a good life. But I do want to go and __________________________
Devan:  Is her ______________________ going to be _____________________, or is your family more serious about these kinds of things?
Marni:  I think it should be fairly celebratory. A woman who lived until 98, that’s a pretty miraculous thing. I know there’s going to be a lot of family there that are really intensely _______________. The grieving process is so different for so many people that I’m a little nervous about some of my family members and how they’re going to take it.
Devan:  That’s true. Have you thought about your own funeral, what kind of celebration you want to have?
Marni:  I would want my funeral to be celebratory and hopefully _________________ for people. I don’t want it to be a ______________________.

Fill in the gaps with the expressions below:
1.    pay my respects
2.    moving
3.    attend
4.    celebratory
5.    somber affair
6.     memorial service
7.    grieving

A Facebookon is követhetsz: Itt tudsz csatlakozni. 

 

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése